Prof. Univ. Dr. Liviu Steier
Dr. Steier has been practicing dentistry in Germany for over thirty years. He is a specialist in prosthodontics and in endodontics with a host of both research and practice experience spanning over thirty years in both the US and in Europe. As part of his work, he has served as:
- Clinical and Course Director at Warwick University in Coventry, England,
- Member of the Faculty of Dental Surgery at the Royal College of Surgeons in Edinburgh, Scotland,
- Course Leader MsC program at the University of Manchester, England,
- Visiting Professor at University of Florence, School of Dental Medicine, Italy,
- Visiting Professor Tufts University, School of Dental Medicine in Boston, MA,
- Steier serves currently as Clinical Professor at the University of Pennsylvania – Dental School in the Department of Preventive and Restorative Sciences, Robert Schattner Center, University of Pennsylvania, School of Dental Medicine and holds visiting appointments at: Saveetha Dental College; Federal University of Rio Grande del Sul.
In the US, he served as Scientific Advisory Board Member for the Journal of Endodontics, and as Editor, Editor-in-Chief and Reviewer of a multitude of peer-reviewed journals, including the Journal of Dental Education. He has also been a long-standing member of the American Academy of Periodontology and the American Association of Endodontists. Dr. Steier is an internationally recognized lecturer known for his hands-on teaching style, innovative spirit, and both his breadth and depth of knowledge. He has co-developed several breakthrough technologies in diagnosis, treatment guidance and disinfection. His award-winning work and numerous publications have been distinguished by authorities in the field around the globe and he continues to make outstanding contributions in both practice and scholarship that have received widespread acclaim by clinicians and scientists across the world.